CST 100 DE - Public Speaking Course Objectives
The main objectives of CST 100 - 30 are to help the student:
- overcome self-consciousness and physical tension when speaking.
- understand the communication process as it pertains to public speaking.
- develop good listening habits in a wide variety of speech situations.
- learn the techniques of effective speech preparation and presentation.
- understand the complexities and expectations of diverse audiences.
- analyze various audiences and speech occasions.
- understand the ethical choices and responsibilities facing the public speaker
- develop and demonstrate speech making skills for a variety of speech situations, using extemporaneous delivery.
- demonstrate proficiency in outlining, composing and research skills.
- demonstrate proficiency in verbal and nonverbal skills necessary for public speaking.
- apply the ethical use of language.
- sharpen critical thinking skills.
course offerings | faculty | nrcc community theater | cst main | nrcc home
For more information contact Karen Kegley: (540)674-3600 ext. 4322, email@example.com. Office: Godbey 35