* Master's Degree;
* Successful postsecondary teaching and/or administrative experience;
* Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to community college philosophy;
* Experience with recruiting, selecting, evaluating, and mentoring or supervising faculty and other personnel;
* Commitment to and experience with distance learning and innovative use of technology for instruction;
* Commitment to using innovative student success strategies;
* Knowledge of strategic planning and budgeting;
* Excellent oral and written communication skills;
* Good organizational skills;
* Successful experience working in teams to accomplish tasks;
* Ability to cultivate and maintain positive relationships with all college constituencies.
* Experience managing faculty productivity requirements;
* Experience managing dual enrollment instructional programs;
* Experience with course development and curriculum design;
* Experience with program review and assessment.
The position will report to the Vice President for Instruction and Student Services with responsibility for managing the Division of Arts and Sciences. Primary duties will include supervising and evaluating full-time and adjunct faculty, screening and recommending new faculty, promoting faculty and staff development, managing curriculum development, determining program and course offerings, managing division productivity, preparing a master course schedule, managing the dual enrollment program for the division, fostering and enhancing partnerships with public schools, providing leadership for assessment and program review activities for the division, assisting the Workforce Development unit in meeting the needs of business and industry, and managing the division budget. Other duties will include assigning instructors for on- and off-campus classes; coordinating room schedules for classes; scheduling facilities for use by outside agencies, convening division meetings; promoting the integration of technology into teaching and learning; leading faculty in their efforts to increase student retention, graduation rates, and job placement; and performing other duties as assigned.
Dependent on academic qualifications and previous work experience.
June 1, 2014 or sooner
Tuesday, April 1, 2014 at 5 p.m.
Apply online at: VA Jobs
Forward a completed state application, resume, transcripts and 3 letters of recommendations to:
Human Resources Office
New River Community College
5251 College Drive
Dublin, VA 24084