My Accounts provides a common point of entry to access Blackboard, Student E-mail, library resources, and academic information via our Student Information System (PeopleSoft). It also provides users with the ability to access and manage their account information. All users will be able to use the site to look up their user name and manage their password.
Online Registration Assistance
In order to register online for your classes, and operate any functions on SIS, you will need your username and password.
How to locate your Student ID#, Username and Password:
- 1. Go to: https://nr.my.vccs.edu/jsp/userconfig.jsp
- 2. Fill in the requested information, paying specific attention to instructions provided.
- 3. If you have previously set up your password and forgotten, you will be asked the security question YOU set up. If you cannot answer this question, you will need to contact Help Desk at 540-674-3600 ext. 4400.
Accessing the ‘VCCS Student Information System’ (SIS)
1. Go to: http://nr.my.vccs.edu
- 2. Login using your username and password.
- 3. Click ‘VCCS Student information System’ (SIS)
How to Register for classes at NRCC in SIS:
- 1. Locate the ENROLLMENT box on the ‘Base Navigation’ page and select ‘add classes’
- 2. You may be directed to a page that requests ‘TERM’ information. Select the appropriate term making certain you choose credit or non-credit. If you are a degree seeking student, you will need to choose ‘CREDIT’ and select the ‘continue’ bar.
- 3. The next page you will see will ask you to select classes. Check to make sure you are in the current term and choose the green search key.
- 4. You should have an idea of the classes you need by following a degree progress page found in the catalog (or online under ‘Degrees and Programs’)
- 5. In the open box next to the green ‘select subject’ box, enter the initials to the subject you are seeking. (as per the catalog, i.e.: English:eng, Math: mth, etc.)
- 6. In the next open box on the following line, you m ay enter the course number. Select the search key and you will be directed to classes. A green box in the upper right corner indicates the class is still available, a blue box indicates the class is ‘full’. You may not register in a class that is ‘full’, nor do we have a wait list.
- 7. Once you select your class you may follow the instructions to add the class to your ‘shopping cart’. Once you have selected your classes, review your choices and follow the instructions for finalizing your class selections.
How to pay online for your classes in SIS:
Select “Student Center” then click “Account Inquiry” to see the tuition amount.
Click “Make a Payment” to pay online with a credit card.