Wednesday, December 11, 2019: Due to inclement weather, NRCC (Dublin and NRV Mall Site) is closed. Day classes ONLY have been cancelled.
* Associate degree or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Excellent skills related to organization, attention to detail, and effective time management.
* Ability to lead effectively and serve cooperatively on teams.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff, students and the public.
* Advanced computer skills, including database management.
* Commitment to functioning ethically in work situations.
* Work experience in a health care setting.
* Familiarity with clinical and educational processes.
* Associate degree or certificate in nursing.
* Nursing license.
* Collaborate with nursing faculty and director of nursing to manage clinical experience assignments and scheduling.
* Collaborate with faculty and director of nursing to select, contract with, and monitor all clinical sites.
* Ensure all facility-required documentation and training are completed as required by faculty and students.
* Ensure that nursing students receive relevant clinical information in a timely manner to allow for successful direct and indirect care experiences.
* Oversee and maintain currency of databases for clinical sites, agency contact information, certification and expiration, contract initiation and renewal, and student placements.
* Maintain all files related to clinical assignments.
* Cultivate new clinical placement relationships.
* Collaborate with the director of nursing to develop an appropriate visitation schedule for clinical sites to support a relevant and comprehensive nursing experience.
* Assist in ensuring Virginia Board of Nursing clinical requirements are met.
* Participate in networking activities to build relationships with healthcare facilities and related professional associations, including appropriate orientation activities with contracted facilities (where appropriate).
* Work with the clinical site(s) to schedule make-up clinical rotations for students.
* Collaborate with nursing faculty to manage student clinical placement issues as appropriate.
* Assure all evaluations for students and clinical agencies are completed and distributed as required.
* Participate in nursing program planning process.
* Participate in nursing faculty meetings.
* Participate in meetings at the clinical facilities, as necessary.
* Assist the director of nursing in scheduling clinical experiences to meet division deadlines.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
$13.52 per hour
Open until filled
Apply online at: VA Jobs
Forward a completed state application, resume and cover letter to:
Human Resources Office
New River Community College
5251 College Drive
Dublin, VA 24084
(540) 674-3651 Fax
(540) 674-3619 TDD
(866) 462-6722 Toll-Free