The Associate of Arts and Science Degree (AAS)
is granted to students who major
in special courses of study such as business administration,
liberal arts, education, and other preprofessional programs and who may plan to transfer
to four-year schools after completing community college programs.
The Associate of Applied Science Degree (AAS)
is granted to students who major in one
of the occupational/technical courses of study and who may plan to work full-time as soon as they graduate from college.
Associate Degree Requirements. To be eligible for graduation with an associate degree from a community college, the student must:
- have fulfilled all of the course and credit-hour requirements of the degree curriculum with at least 25
percent of the credits acquired at the college awarding the degree;
- have been certified by appropriate college official for graduation;
- have earned a grade point average of at least 2.0 in all studies attempted which are applicable toward graduation in the student's curriculum;
- have filed an application for graduation in the Office of
Admissions and Records;
- have resolved all financial obligations to the college and returned all library and college materials.
The following links provide specifics about each program:
Associate of Arts and Sciences Degrees (AA&S)
Associate of Applied Science Degrees (AAS)
Division of Arts and Sciences Contact Information
General questions and requests about the Division of Arts and Sciences should be directed to Sarah Tolbert-Hurysz 1-866-462-6722, extension 4355, or (540) 674-3600 extension 4355.
You may also email email@example.com.
Division of Arts and Sciences Office Staff
Call (540) 674-3600 or toll-free 1-866-462-6722, then you will be prompted to add the extension number to reach any employee.
HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT NRCC?
NRCC IN DUBLIN:
5251 College Drive
Dublin, VA 24084
Toll Free: 866-462-6722
Fax: (540) 674-3642
782 New River Road NW, Suite 400
Christiansburg, VA 24073
Fax: (540) 381-7128