- Business Administration
- Engineering (For transfer into Engineering at Virginia Tech)
- Engineering Computer Science (For transfer into computer science at Virginia Tech)
- Science (For transfer into Agriculture and Life Sciences at Virginia Tech)
- Liberal Arts
- General Studies
- General Studies Computer Science Specialization
- Approved Social Science & Humanities/Fine Arts Electives
- Transferable Electives
- Possible Transferable Math Courses by Major
These programs are intended for transfer purposes. It is important that any student interested in transferring to a four-year college or university consult with his/her academic advisor. Also, transfer counselors are available to assist students in the Counseling Center in Rooker Hall.
Associate in Arts and Sciences
Four-Semester (Two-Year) Program
The College and University Transfer program is designed for students who plan to complete a baccalaureate degree program at a four-year college or university or who are not yet prepared to select a definite career objective. Courses supporting majors in the areas of Business Administration, Liberal Arts, General Studies, Education, Engineering, and Science are provided and should be included in each student's program.
The student must meet the entrance requirements established by the college.
Students are urged to check the mathematics requirements of the four-year college or university to determine the proper mathematics courses to be taken at the community college. In addition, they should contact the appropriate four-year institution to determine the transferability of elective courses.
Specific courses required for the Associate in Arts and Sciences degree are intended to provide a balanced foundation in liberal education.